One of the essential needs of the people of Kager village is to improve their daily food security by improving their farming production. The Model Farms Program is a demonstration project to train and equip village farmers to use more modern farming techniques and supplies:
- High quality seed
- Fertilizers and pest control
- Low-cost farming equipment
Below is the testimony of Georg Amino on the benefits he sees arising from the Jubilee Village Project’s Model Farm program:
“As the Food & Farming Champion for Kager Jubilee Village Project, I hope that with the JVP Model Farm program the following is going to be achieved:
- Due to the constant changes of weather, the model farm initiative will transform the community through the introduction of Irrigation techniques.
- Use of high quality seed will result in better harvests and this will increase knowledge to the locals who have held onto long-time traditions, which cannot work now.
- Better understanding of how best to plant interims of spring and when to do that will bring very fruitful results.
- The use of fertilizer for planting and top dressing is a real development in the village, and this is going to be an eye opener to the people who have remained behind and continue to suffer from hunger because of lack of food.
- The Model Farm initiative will bring about knowledge on better pest control, and killing of insects that destroy crops.
- With the Model Farm initiative, there will be an increased in food production that will spur increased economy and good bye to famine in Kager.
- With Model Farms good food crops production will be seen and the village will be the source of supply of foods to other regions.
JVP being a project of love and care to less fortunate, and while focused in bringing lasting solutions in the village, will be able to share with less fortunate the fortunes received from the model farm program. This is a wonderful program, focused and committed to bring transformation in Kager. May God bless JVP.”